9:19:00 PM
Spent the whole day doing CIP and no homework. And I complained to everybody in a whiny voice how I hated doing work, but actually enjoying it in the meantime, but just portraying that I hated it, because everybody says the same thing.

When I was at IMH and I saw how the patients there enjoyed themselves doing art and craft, I thought I was doing them a favour, by occupying them with something that wasn't exactly part of their everyday life. then I went into the next ward and helped Shoof feed an elderly woman and i thought, 'This woman is damn lucky that I'm here to feed her, what would happen if she didnt?' Then before I left the ward, I said goodbye to this Caucasian lady, who has been there for more than 48 years according to Grace, and I thought, thank God we come here, if not she'll have nobody to talk to her. Then I left IMH, and I started complaining again to Soph how the stupid rain was making my stupid shoes wet.

I got to the library, and I started shelving books with Rhoda, and I thought, thank God I'm here, if not all these poeple wouldn't know where to get their books. And then we saw this other vounteer, who wasn't doing a single thing but slouching on the trolley and reading the books off the cart, and I was thinking, 'At least I'm doing something.' And I continued shelving books, like I was contributing damn a lot to the society by shelving books.

Then I got home, dead tired and weary and resentful and society for making me work so hard.

And then I watched this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoNInZ2ClQ

And it make me cry SO hard at how selfish I was, to not see how other people are suffering, to not understand the plight they are in, and not help one single bit. The worst part was, the effort I put in is not even enough to start comparing with the hardship they are going through. And I think I'm so damn great. Please, please, please. Watch this, before going out on the street and thinking, I can't make a damn difference to the world, because the world owes me something. That's not true. Look how much difference one person can make. You can say, 'Yeah, she's a musician, and money's like water to her, I still can't help.' That's not true at all. Everybody can make a different. Can you imagine, if everybody in Singapore donated just one dollar, we could do almost 30 times of that kind of work? Imagine how many lives it would change, how many people it would benefit.

Please watch this video. It would mean a lot to me if you took about ten minutes just to sit down and watch it through. And then you will realize, how much you can make a difference. It's amazing, truly.

World on fire.


&profilo
Char. or Kinky.
Crescent, NJ
A02
38th Student Council.
Loves her friends. And shopping.

&ascoltare
current obessions ;

sgspree! XD
Post A's Plans. >:(
Gilmore Girls!

&amici
% Lumps.
% 05a02!! :))
% christine
% haoie
% laura
% jiali
% rhoda
% ruth
% suzie
% steph

% my heartbreak.

Photo: Foto Decadent
Textures: /Carton Squid Fingers
Brushes: Romance Box Funeral Monster
Host: Blogger
Designer: Provocative}
Lyrics: Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson

&discorso
&archive